Sunday, December 13, 2009

This Week In Review At Our House

We had a very scary week but it ended upbeat thank goodness.

Our daughter-n-law who is months pregnant was sent to the hopsital Wed night with pains in her side. After much texting back and forth, all night long, we found out that it was an acute appendicitis and that she was being taken into surgery....and that she could loose the baby....which they had just found out was a little boy. Needless to say, everyone was worried. 

To make matters worse, we had reservations at Disney's Animal Kindom Resort's Boma for breakfast as well as tickets to the Christmas Candlelight Processional at Epcot starring Andy Garcia that night with friends from our church.  Fortunately for everyone, the surgery went well and we were told to get the heck gone and have a good time. This was a bit hard to do so we waited and after we spoke with the doctor, we felt enough at ease to literally leave.  Of course we kept in touch via cell phone the whole time. As it turned out, she and the baby did and are doing very well. And as for Andy Garcia; he is just as handsome in person as he is on screen! We actually sat in the front row....although it was a bit to close for comfort, he made it worth while and I'm not even attracted to men! So you go Andy Garcia!!!  By the time we got home that night, we were beat not having much sleep the night before.

It was a first at the processional where he actually told the story of Christ's birth in Spanish and in English. Very beautiful and moving. At Christmas time I always miss my biological mother because it was a holiday she enjoyed so much. Her Buenos Noches Dinner was legend; the roast pork, gandule rice, pasteles, salad, etc. . She loved cooking for all her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, friends, and co-workers.  It was her gift to them. She spoke fluent Spanish and had a very thick english accent so, I always associate the language with her and Christmas. During the season, Spanish is what I want to hear. People could be talking about doing the laundry for all I care as long is it spanish. It is just music to my ears and I so enjoyed hearing Mr. Garcia.

On Saturday, we moved the youngest son into a new place in the well to do section of New Tampa. I say that with tongue in cheek but, it is a very nice location. The condo sets up against a Cypress Preserve and he and his girlfriend have a beautiful tiled, screened in back porch that overlooks the preserve. They love nature so this is ideal for them. The place is pretty large for a two bedroom two bath condo. I don't know the square footage but, it is bigger than the two bedroom duplex apartment they just left. I'm happy for both he and his girlfriend. They had just been broken into in their old place and of course things that were stolen were things they couldn't replace.  So this new place is much much more safer as it is not only in a nice section of town but, in a gated communtiy.

Saturday night we went out to dinner and then to the Christmas Concert at my church. We love the music and it was by no means a disappointment. There is so much talent in that church that I don't know why they don't try to make a record. Last night was no exception. We heard jazz, we heard gospel, we heard traditional Christmas songs and we saw ballet. Yep, they actually incorporated two of the most handsome talented young men ever dressed as angels who performed to the music. It was so inspiring and awesome I can't even describe it. I was angry that I didn't take my camcorder or camera. And we also got to see a lot of church members that we haven't seen in a while since we haven't been going because of  L's new work schedule. It was really fun. The only down side was I made a small pig of myself at the desert table and ate a small muffin AND three cookies. Waaaaay to much sugar for me. I felt sick and was afraid I was going to start that dumping syndrome but, I didn't thank goodness. Never again. I think one cookie would have been more than enough....it wasn't like they were small. lol

We came home late and stayed up until four this morning watching Christmas videos while we put up the Christmas tree. It was worth it. It looks beautiful. I am going to have to take a picture and post it.  Maybe for my Wordless Wednesdays.

Last weeks pictures were of my sons and my Grandson. My oldest son, the one in the suit in his office, is going to be on the radio this week for his job. I don't know the particulars about what he will be talking about but it is a new talk radio show.

I guess that's it for now. I still have a tiny bit of shopping left but for the most part I am through.

We are going to Disney's Pirate Pals Lagoon Cruise next Thursday. ( I'm hoping we can finish up the shopping in downtown Disney.  I looooovvvveee to shop down there even  though it is packed even during a week day.)  This event is for children and adults but, really more for children. L needed to know about the event for work so, she was given two tickets to attend. I'm just looking forward to being out in the lake at night. I love being on the water any where. lol Except the Everglades. Nope, don't like it there. lol

On Saturday we are attending a party at a dear friends house. I have a little surprise cooked up for her! Can't say what it is here just in case. The only downer is that my daughter-n-law may not be well enough to attend. But, we are looking forward to the party.

Well, that is about it. Hope everyone is getting caught up and ready to enjoy their Christmas Parties, Christmas and New Year. It is such a busy time of the year and I barely blog when it isn't busy so, I may not be back for awhile.

Take care everyone!!    

No comments: