Tuesday, November 4, 2008

NOVEMBER 4TH

You know, I am so glad this election is coming to an end. Aside from hating the way the whole thing was run, I hate the way it turned a spotlight on some of my so called friends and family. I had friends that I thought really were friends. They always ask about Lori if they see me without her and vice versa if I'm not with her. Never seemed like there was any issues. Low and behold, this whole Amendment 2 issue has certainly awakened their true nature. I guess while they may like us as individuals or even as a couple, they don't feel we deserve equal rights. And I'm sure somewhere in the back of their minds, they feel it is okay to feel superior to us. Looking back, when they would ask, 'Are you and Lori still together?' I should have known. In their twisted bigoted minds, they probably think gays and lesbian couples only last a few years at best.

As for family members, I hope they don't look for a Christmas card this year cause it won't be in their box. Thank goodness this only happens every four years. It's been nerve racking and I wasn't running for office.

1 comment:

Landlady of Fat said...

Yeah, this election sure was an eye-opener.